I continued to play with my clay figures. First, I used that stone-like colored piece. It looked too heavy by its own on the card, so I made a brick wall with a stencil and texture paste and colored it with the same Distress Paint Antique Linen and Glimmer mist. The azure background and some greens finished the Mediterranean scene. I used a new Peacock Feather Oxide for the sea and different greens from Distress Inks and Oxides for the leaves.
Then I made a clean and simple card for the CAS(E) this Sketch! challenge. I just wanted to try a new technique from the June issue of The Craft Stamper magazine. The ombré effect in the stamped image can be achieved with several shades of Distressed Inks gradually applied on the stamp and restamped with a stamp positioner. I like the effect. I have an idea to use this design with different colors for a set of Thank You cards.
Then, I took the next figure from the pile. The white and gold baroque design of the piece moved me toward a classic style. That night my Prima Marketing waxes arrived and I couldn’t wait to use them. Here is what I figured out. First, they are scented! Love it! 🙂 Second, when applying them on clay figures, one or two layers of gesso won’t help to smooth the surface. One layer of Multi Medium Matte is much better. Third, they are easily applied on cardstock, so there is no problem with matching metallic paper details. I used wax for the edges of the bottom layer. So, I think I will use these waxes a lot :))
Also, I made four cards with a previous butterfly design in different colors for my shop, using Jane Davenport’s watercolors for the butterflies. The colors are so bright and beautiful! Hard to believe they’re not inks!